Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 11 - Laying the foundations of a feature article (wait, feature article!?!?!?)

Yes, please do not panic - for I am one with the Matrix of Leadership...

No, not really one with the Matrix yet - although I'm close.

The cause for panic from me was my decision to change my final assignment from a video news package to a feature article.

The reason behind was the change was because I felt I wouldn't have had enough time to run around and film the different interviewees. As such, an email interview would have sufficed for a written feature article + I was able to get more feedback from the interviewees if required so it wasn't a huge decision to switch over.

And oh, in the meantime, I've decided on my topic and news angle.

Focusing on "We’re All a Twitter! Journalism and its negotiation of online, the blogosphere and social media".....The angle I'm gonna talk about is on Twitter and local football - the former being the new sports journalist.

I touched on this topic as I'm a huge football fan and am a regular Twitter user as well. Having said that, I realized that the prominence of local football - be it the S League or the national team - is a lot stronger online than offline. The mainstream media doesn't carry it as much as citizen journalism, where fan blogs are a lot more informative than the newspaper archives.

Coupled with the fact that Twitter is a huge thing in the European football community where journalists and even players own Twitter account that allows them to engage the fans, I decided to run with this.

Ok, now time to go formulate the questions and email my interviewees!
(Yes, I have found/secured them for the interview already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment