Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 12 - Putting the finishing touches to my feature article.

Or rather, the title should be read as "interviews done, now to start writing it!"

I've conducted my interviews - and all of them were sporting enough to reply with length and elaboration instead of the perennial one-or-two-worded replies.

Have read through them all and have even gone back to one of my interviewees for further elaboration on one of his answers.

Before I go on, let me briefly describe my interviewees:

- a social media manager at one of the local football clubs
- a general manager at another one of the local football clubs
- a social media architect with an international communications group

With that out of the way, here are some of the questions I've done up:

  • Why do you think clubs are going online to interact with their fans instead of newspapers etc?
  • How does the Twitter account allow fans to interact with the club?
  • What else can be done, in terms of social media engagement, to allow fans to get involved with the league?
  • Why the huge popularity over social media?
  • How big an impact has social media had on news-reporting and interactivity between organizations and people?
  • Some people are terming social media as the new journalist - quick updates and accessible anywhere. What are your thoughts on this?
  • Do Twitter trends usually come about from followers or the followed? (creation of hashtags vs public announcements)

So now, it's about time to get things written out! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment